If you wish to help finance the project, please donate £5.00p by clicking the icon below
Holy Trinity Milton Regis Bell Restoration Project
Milton Regis bell tower is the largest in Kent and the third largest in England. It was built between 1310 and 1330.
The Existing six bells are in need of a complete restoration as the fittings and bearings are worn out.
Details of the existing bells at Milton Regis:
Bell Date Cast Weight (cwt) Note Founder
Treble 1934 4-3-3 E Alfred Bowell
2 1681 4-2-14 D James Bartlett
3 1681 5-1-25 C James Bartlett
4 1681 6-1-11 B James Bartlett
5 1681 8-0-19 A James Bartlett
Tenor 1890 10-3-13 G Mears & Stainbank
The treble bell was given in memory of four local ringers who lost their lives in the First World War. (Donated by J. Dixon Esq).
The project is to restore the six bells and also augment by having two new bells to make a full octave of eight bells. This will broaden the variety of what can be rung on the bells and keep them ringable for many years to come. It is also hoped that once the work is completed that the tower will be used as a training hub for the recruitment of new ringers from around the country.